* Re: Problems with gnus-refer-article-method
       [not found]         ` <84vfzgjdwj.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-02-19 20:02           ` Christian Gudrian
From: Christian Gudrian @ 2003-02-19 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Großjohann <kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de> wrote:

> So you tried frobbing nnfolder-marks-is-evil and neither value
> worked?  Hm.  It was just a stab in the dark, anyway.

I think I have been able to shed some light on this issue:

,----[ snippet from nnfolder.el ]
| (deffoo nnfolder-request-article (article &optional group server buffer)
|   (nnfolder-possibly-change-group group server)
|   (save-excursion
|     (set-buffer nnfolder-current-buffer)
|     (goto-char (point-min))
|     (when (nnfolder-goto-article article)
|       (let (start stop)
| 	(setq start (point))
| 	(forward-line 1)
`----

This function is called whenever gnus searches for a MID.  However,
the call to set-buffer gets executed even if nnfolder-current-buffer
is nil -- which of course yields an error message (wrong-type-argument
stringp nil).  Thus it's not possible to search for MIDs in archive
groups from the outside.  Or have I got something wrong?

Christian

* Re: Problems with gnus-refer-article-method
       [not found]     ` <v98ywbew8g.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2003-02-20 17:47       ` Christian Gudrian
From: Christian Gudrian @ 2003-02-20 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

>> However, messages in the archive folders are still not found,
>> whereas messages in the Mail folder _are_ found.
>
> Dejà vú (spelling?)...

So that means, I'm not alone, right? :)

> This is one of the reasons, why I consider to move all my mail from
> nnfolder to either nnmaildir or nnml.

Archiving is still possible then, isn't it?

Christian

* Re: Problems with gnus-refer-article-method
       [not found] ` <84el65o5yv.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-02-18 21:34   ` Christian Gudrian
       [not found]   ` <geg.m2wujx8dma.fsf@home.gudrian.de>
From: Christian Gudrian @ 2003-02-18 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Großjohann <kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de> wrote:

> Yeah, maybe Gnus doesn't know about that server at that spot.

Strange, since I define it some lines above in my ~/.gnus.

> But since gnus-message-archive-method has the value you need, why
> not just use that variable?

I will try that, thanks for this hint.

Cheers, Christian