* .nnmail-cache and split-with-parent
@ 2003-12-15 21:17 Svend Tollak Munkejord
From: Svend Tollak Munkejord @ 2003-12-15 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

When I move articles in mail groups using `B m', shouldn't .nnmail-cache
get updated? It seems like it didn't; I just moved all articles of one
group to another group and deleted the first group. Then I received an
answer to one of those e-mails, and nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent
re-created the deleted group because it thought the parent e-mail lived
there.

I use Gnus 5.10.2 and nnmaildir.

--
Svend Tollak Munkejord

* Re: .nnmail-cache and split-with-parent
@ 2003-12-16 21:04 ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]   ` <hddr7z3zbif.fsf@bacchus.pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-12-16 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ (info "(gnus)Mail Back End Variables") ]
| `nnmail-cache-accepted-message-ids'
|      If non-`nil', put the `Message-ID's of articles imported into the
|      back end (via `Gcc', for instance) into the mail duplication
|      discovery cache.  The default is `nil'.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

@ 2003-12-20 11:26     ` Svend Tollak Munkejord
From: Svend Tollak Munkejord @ 2003-12-20 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote:

>>> When I move articles in mail groups using `B m', shouldn't
>>> .nnmail-cache get updated?

[...]

> Sorry, I forgot to say; these are my settings:
>
> (setq nnmail-cache-ignore-groups "sent-mail")
> (setq nnmail-cache-accepted-message-ids t)
> (setq nnmail-message-id-cache-length 2500)
>
> So the problem persists.

Might this be an nnmaildir bug, then?

Regards,
--