* Re: Confusion over to-list v. to-address
       [not found] <q67r80d7944.fsf@raytheon.com>
@ 2003-11-12 19:05 ` Louis
From: Louis @ 2003-11-12 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Steven E. Harris" <seharris@raytheon.com> writes:

> There's no substitute for experimentation. With to-list, only fresh
> postings go to the right address. All other replies or follow-ups go
> only to the original author. With to-address, replies and follow-ups
> work mostly as expected, though still different from my "real" mailing
> list groups. For the latter, follow-ups get addressed first to the
> author and are copied to the list. I usually change this around
> manually to avoid copying the author who is obviously subscribed as
> well.
>
> I also just noticed the "subscribed" variable. Is that part of the
> solution? Please advise.

I use the following for mailing lists:

;;--

(setq gnus-posting-styles
	'(("nnml:.*"
         (From (save-excursion
                 (set-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
                 (message-fetch-field "to"))))

;; <snipped>

	("^nnml\\+private\\:lug@lug\\.dom"
	 (address "usenet26@ossh.com")
	 (to "lug@lug.dom")
	 (cc nil)
         (signature-file "~/.sig/signature-lug"))
         ;; repeat above for other ML's and NG's
        ))

;; <snipped>

;;--

The above might not be a "proper" way of doing mailing lists in Gnus,
since it sends *all* responses here:

      * (to "lug@lug.dom")

but that isnt a problem for me since I keep private interaction to a
minimum.

--
LCC

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-12 19:05 UTC | newest]