* gnus-get-new-news with IMAP doesn't
@ 2005-03-15 21:23 Aaron Bingham
From: Aaron Bingham @ 2005-03-15 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm new to Gnus and am using it with the Courier IMAP server to read
mail.  When I use `M-g' in the *Groups* buffer to check for new
messages in an IMAP folder, the new article count on the group line is
updated.  However, if I use `g' to try to check all groups, none of
the new counts are updated for my nnimap groups (the nndraft group
/is/ updated).  Why is this?  Is there some easy way to fix this?

I am using Gnus 5.9.0 with GNU Emacs 21.3.1.  The IMAP server is
Curior IMAP running on localhost.

Thanks,

Aaron

* Re: gnus-get-new-news with IMAP doesn't
@ 2005-03-15 23:10 ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2005-03-15 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aaron Bingham <abingham@alumni.sfu.ca> writes:

> Is there some easy way to fix this?

Try adding the form

  (nnimap-need-unselect-to-notice-new-mail t)

to your IMAP select method definition (perhaps in
gnus-secondary-select-methods) and see if that helps.

--
Steven E. Harris

* Re: gnus-get-new-news with IMAP doesn't
@ 2005-03-21 18:51   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2005-03-21 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com> writes:

> Aaron Bingham <abingham@alumni.sfu.ca> writes:
>
>> Is there some easy way to fix this?
>
> Try adding the form
>
>   (nnimap-need-unselect-to-notice-new-mail t)
>
> to your IMAP select method definition (perhaps in
> gnus-secondary-select-methods) and see if that helps.

Alternatively, or perhaps in addition to, try upgrading to Gnus 5.10.
I think some IMAP improvements were made.