* Re: nnimap's blind spot
       [not found] <87he2ic9o5.fsf@netris.org>
@ 2003-10-09 22:52 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-10-09 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

mhw@netris.org (Mark H. Weaver) writes:

> I primarily use Gnus 5.10.2 to read email via nnimap, but I also
> occasionally use a webmail program (IlohaMail) to access these same
> imap mailboxes when I'm away from my primary client machine.
>
> After using IlohaMail to delete spam and refile several messages from
> some of my mailboxes, now I see two different problems:
>
> First, several messages which have been deleted on the server are
> persistently visible in Gnus' summary buffer, but if I try to read the
> message, it reports: "No such article (may have expired or been
> canceled)".  This is merely a minor annoyance, but it would be nice to
> make these messages go away for good.
>
> Much more importantly, there are several messages in my mailbox which
> are visible from IlohaMail, but from Gnus it's as if these messages do
> not exist at all, even when selecting the Group with C-u RET.  I see
> old messages, and I see the newest messages, but several recent
> messages in between, received around the time I was using IlohaMail,
> are not visible in Gnus.

Both problems seems related to caching.  If you 'rm -rf
~/News/agent/nnimap' (or equivalent) do things work?  Can you
reproduce the steps needed to trigger problem 2 again after that?
Problem 1 might be the intended (although less than ideal) behaviour,
but problem 2 should not happen.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-09 22:52 UTC | newest]