* Re: IMAP searching in Gnus
       [not found] <87isustbdo.fsf@iki.fi>
@ 2003-03-10 16:19 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-03-10 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nuutti Kotivuori <naked@iki.fi> writes:

> I'd like to search my IMAP groups in Gnus - and apparently 'nnir' can
> do this - I've used it a bit in the past.
>
> But, my version is:
>
> $Id: nnir.el,v 1.73 2001/11/13 15:54:43 grossjoh Exp $
>
> And it has a very weak support for things - only TEXT searches, and it
> seems to make two searches every time.
>
> I have been unable to contact the ftp site to see if there's an
> updated version.
>
> So - my question is - is there a more recent version of 'nnir' around?
> - or - Is there a better IMAP searching package around than 'nnir'?

Not that I know of.  Writing a fancy "Advanced Search" imap.el based
package should be simple (except for the boring emacs widget work),
and would come handy.  I'm waiting until the GTK API is exposed
through elisp though, the default emacs widgets are not worthy of
spending GUI design time on IMHO.

Integrating this with other Gnus backends is probably more difficult
though...

Sorry for not helping. :-)

* Re: IMAP searching in Gnus
@ 2007-07-03 10:43   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-07-03 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 10/03/2003, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Not that I know of.  Writing a fancy "Advanced Search" imap.el based
> package should be simple (except for the boring emacs widget work),
> and would come handy.  I'm waiting until the GTK API is exposed
> through elisp though, the default emacs widgets are not worthy of
> spending GUI design time on IMHO.

Is this still planned?