* Broken Reply-to's
@ 2004-03-25  7:22 euan_b_uk
From: euan_b_uk @ 2004-03-25  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use broken-reply-to for the many lists I'm on.  Works great for reply
to, but I find it a little clumsy when I follow up.

What happens is that the original poster is addressed in the To: field
and the list address is put in to the cc: field.  Because I don't want
to send the same email twice to the original poster I'm obliged to
delete the To: field and change the cc: to a To:

What I'd like Gnus to do is use the real reply-to in the To: field when
replying and the list reply-to in the To: field when following up.

Any ideas?
--
Regards
Euan

* Re: Broken Reply-to's
@ 2004-03-25 22:45 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-03-25 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What happens is that the original poster is addressed in the To: field
> and the list address is put in to the cc: field.  Because I don't want
> to send the same email twice to the original poster I'm obliged to
> delete the To: field and change the cc: to a To:

Who cares about duplicates?  The only safe and reliable way to remove them
is to remove them at the destination: any decent mail-reader (or
mail-filter) should remove duplicates for you.  I.e. if a reader complains
about ducplicates it means he doesn't really care enough about them to go
and get rid of them once and forall.

As for a different answer to your problem: there should be a way to reply
"to recipients": i.e. use the same To and Cc fields as the message you
reply to, so that the same people who received this message will receive
your reply as well (modulo Bcc and such of course).

        Stefan