* Re: M-g on nnml group
       [not found] <mailman.1418.1174851176.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2007-03-26  6:14 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1434.1174895767.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-03-26  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I have an archive nnml group: Sent-Mails.2007. Each time I hit M-g on
> this group, all servers defined in mail-sources (they are all gmail
> accounts) are also checked and that makes it very slow.

> Is this a bug?

I don't think so.  Because whether to check mails for nnml groups
is controlled by `nnml-get-new-mail', of which the value is t.
To make it a group parameter will have no effect since fetching
mails is not done in the summary buffer.  Instead, the following
might help:

(defadvice gnus-summary-rescan-group (around dont-fetch-mails activate)
  "Don't fetch mails for certain nnml groups."
  (let ((nnml-get-new-mail
	 (unless (string-match "\\`nnml:Sent-Mails\\."
			       gnus-newsgroup-name)
	   nnml-get-new-mail)))
    ad-do-it))

I have no idea if you wrote about the `M-g' command in the group
buffer, not in the summary buffer.

Regards,

* Re: M-g on nnml group
@ 2007-03-26  7:53   ` Leo
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1434.1174895767.7795.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Leo @ 2007-03-26  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2007-03-26, Katsumi Yamaoka said:

> (defadvice gnus-summary-rescan-group (around dont-fetch-mails activate)
>   "Don't fetch mails for certain nnml groups."
>   (let ((nnml-get-new-mail
> 	 (unless (string-match "\\`nnml:Sent-Mails\\."
> 			       gnus-newsgroup-name)
> 	   nnml-get-new-mail)))
>     ad-do-it))
>
> I have no idea if you wrote about the `M-g' command in the group
> buffer, not in the summary buffer.

I mean M-g in the group buffer. Does your solution still work?

Regards,

* Re: M-g on nnml group
       [not found]     ` <b4mmz20wdim.fsf@jpl.org>
@ 2007-03-26 10:48       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-26 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2007-03-26, Katsumi Yamaoka said:

> It is not very easy to advise `gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group'
> since it should work even for two or more groups (when you give a
> numeric argument or set the region).  But here it is:
[snip]

Thank you.

* Re: M-g on nnml group
@ 2007-03-26 10:57     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-03-26 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

(I found a simpler solution and superseded my last article, sorry.)

> On 2007-03-26, Katsumi Yamaoka said:

>> I have no idea if you wrote about the `M-g' command in the group
>> buffer, not in the summary buffer.

> I mean M-g in the group buffer. Does your solution still work?

Here it is:

(defadvice gnus-activate-group (before dont-scan-certain-groups activate)
  "Don't scan certain groups."
  (when (string-match "\\`nnml:Sent-Mails\\." group)
    (ad-set-arg 1 nil)))

* Re: M-g on nnml group
@ 2007-03-26 12:22       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-26 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2007-03-26, Katsumi Yamaoka said:

> (I found a simpler solution and superseded my last article, sorry.)
>> On 2007-03-26, Katsumi Yamaoka said:
>
>>> I have no idea if you wrote about the `M-g' command in the group
>>> buffer, not in the summary buffer.
>
>> I mean M-g in the group buffer. Does your solution still work?
>
> Here it is:
>
> (defadvice gnus-activate-group (before dont-scan-certain-groups activate)
>   "Don't scan certain groups."
>   (when (string-match "\\`nnml:Sent-Mails\\." group)
>     (ad-set-arg 1 nil)))

I like simple. Work like a charm. Thank you for this.

* M-g on nnml group
@ 2007-03-25 19:30 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-25 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dear all,

I have an archive nnml group: Sent-Mails.2007. Each time I hit M-g on
this group, all servers defined in mail-sources (they are all gmail
accounts) are also checked and that makes it very slow.

Is this a bug?

I am using No Gnus v0.6 from CVS date 2007-03-18 in GNU Emacs
22.0.95.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of 2007-03-18.

Regards,