* emacsclient & tex-source-specials
@ 2007-02-02 11:46 harry meyers
From: harry meyers @ 2007-02-02 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

for testing purposes I compiled and installed emacs23. As it works
fine
I use it more and more frequently. I installed with a prefix so
the name of emacsclient e.g. is emacsclient.emacs-23. In the meantime
wrote an alias to .bashrc so emacsclient=emacsclient.emacs-23. No
problem, but with source-specials.
If I do a ctrl - mouse left click on a .dvi I got this error message

Command "emacsclient --no-wait +92 ~/text.tex" exited with error
code 1
emacsclient: can't stat /tmp/esrv1000-argon: Success

which is not surprising because source-specials is looking for
emacsclient
not emacsclient.emacs-23. Under customize source-specials I could
not find a way to change it. What else can I do?

harry

* Re: emacsclient & tex-source-specials
@ 2007-02-02 23:49 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2007-02-02 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

"harry meyers" <hmeyers@literaturlatenight.de> writes:

> which is not surprising because source-specials is looking for
> emacsclient
> not emacsclient.emacs-23. Under customize source-specials I could
> not find a way to change it. What else can I do?

You need to tell xdvi, not Emacs, as xdvi calls emacsclient.

Kai