* rewriting the from header
@ 2004-05-03 22:51 Kamen TOMOV
       [not found] ` <m2llk9yv92.fsf@no.email.thanks.invalid>
From: Kamen TOMOV @ 2004-05-03 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm comming from mutt and I have a few problems with gnus.

One of the great features of mutt was that I could rewrite the From:
in the header and my messages would seem to be comming from the
specified address. gnus ignores any changes of the header. I changed
gnus-posting-styles, user-mail-address with no luck. You can see my
gnus version in my header. You can also note that I'm using
ssmtp. What is more my from header looks like: <e-mail@address> and
not "My Name <e-mail@address>" even though message-from-style is
default and I have specified my name in user-full-name. Any ideas?

TIA,
--
Kamen A. TOMOV

* Re: rewriting the from header
       [not found] ` <m2llk9yv92.fsf@no.email.thanks.invalid>
@ 2004-05-04  6:46   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-05-04  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 04 2004, Matt H wrote:

> (setq gnus-user-from-line "Matt H <matt@no.email.thanks.invalid>")

This variable doesn't exist in Gnus (at least in versions >= 5.8.8)
and thus has no effect at all.

(BTW, some people score on invalid from lines or incorrect MIDs, see
the Gnus FAQ [1] for more information on the latter.)

Bye, Reiner.

[1] (info "(gnus)[5.12]") in Gnus 5.10 or <URL:http://my.gnus.org/FAQ/>
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: rewriting the from header
@ 2004-05-04 13:26     ` Matt H
From: Matt H @ 2004-05-04 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Tue, May 04 2004, Matt H wrote:
>
> > (setq gnus-user-from-line "Matt H <matt@no.email.thanks.invalid>")
>
> This variable doesn't exist in Gnus (at least in versions >= 5.8.8)
> and thus has no effect at all.

Good to know, as you can probably tell, I'm new to Gnus.

> (BTW, some people score on invalid from lines or incorrect MIDs, see
> the Gnus FAQ [1] for more information on the latter.)

Its either an invalid From: line, or tons of spam.