* Re: Argh - my groups are gone
       [not found] ` <wkllry84yu.fsf@hotmail.com>
@ 2003-10-09 12:36   ` Andrew Nesbit
From: Andrew Nesbit @ 2003-10-09 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> writes:

> Vagn Johansen writes:
>
>> I was cleaning up my zombie groups ("A z") and was trying to use
>> gnus-group-mark-regexp ("M r"). That did not work; nothing was
>> selected. So I did of lot of <number> C-k and now ALL my groups are gone
>> (nnml, nntp+, etc).
>>
>> Can I get them back somehow. They seem to be in gnus-killed-list.

Believe it or not, but the same thing happened to me the other day, by
doing the same sequence of operations.  I was also trying to kill all
my zombie groups.

I was able to get my groups back by resubscribing, but their marks
were completely messed up.

> I investigated a little further and discovered some weird behaviour
> (bug?) of "M r".
>
> Suppose I type "A z" and see only alt.* groups. If I then type
>
>   M r alt RET
>
> nothing apparently happens. Visually nothing is changed. If i type "L" i
> see my currently subscribed alt.* groups (at level 3) marked with a # char!
>
> It is kinda of the reverse of what I expected.

It's very poorly documented, and hence, very dangerous.  I'm unable to
ascertain the intended behaviour of `M r' (short of reading the
source), but its current behaviour is completely whacked.

Andrew.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-09 12:36 UTC | newest]