* Re: Yank message not signature
       [not found] <m2oeumlrb7.fsf@maxqnz.com>
@ 2003-12-06  1:23 ` Louis
From: Louis @ 2003-12-06  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Max Quordlepleen <maxq@nonags.com> writes:

> I have only just started using a signature file, and now am trying to
> figure out how to "Yank" the text of messages I write without
> affecting my signature. Currently, I'm manually inserting the
> linefeeds back into my signature. What is the proper way I should be
> doing this?

I remember you from news.software.readers :p

Check it, you should take a few hours and hit up the Emacs tutorial
now that you're using Gnus with XEmacs.  I've never used XEmacs but I
assume the tutorial is called up like so: 'C-h t'.

Yanking is described and practiced within the tutorial so give it a
shot and welcome to gnu.emacs.gnus.  You have to mark (C-SPACEBAR) the
start of a section with the point (i.e. blinking cursor) and then move
the point to the end of the section you would like to remove and then
(C-w) to make the unwanted section magically disappear.

Once again, the tutorial explanation is in depth so give it a
shot. You can also find helpful people within #emacs or #gnus on
freenode. Take care and nice to see you trying to get Gnus XEmacs
under your belt :)

--
LCC
Humble GNU Emacs / Gnus n00b

* Re: Yank message not signature
@ 2003-12-06  1:40   ` Max Quordlepleen
From: Max Quordlepleen @ 2003-12-06  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Louis <usenet26@ossh.com> writes:

> Yanking is described and practiced within the tutorial so give it a
> shot and welcome to gnu.emacs.gnus.  You have to mark (C-SPACEBAR)
> the start of a section with the point (i.e. blinking cursor) and
> then move the point to the end of the section you would like to
> remove and then (C-w) to make the unwanted section magically
> disappear.

OK, sorry about that, I didn't express myself properly. What I meant
was not "Yanking" the message but "filling". Here is what I mean. When
I write a post, the post itself is not wrapped, so when I'm finished,
I press "C-c C-q" and that wraps the post. However, it also wraps the
signature, as in this screenshot:
http://maxqnz.com/screenshots/gnuswrap.png What I'm looking for is how
to wrap the message I'm posting without affecting my signature.

Thanks for the welcome, and believe me, I am making myself very
familar with the manual. I have a copy on my hard drive and am
working through it. I do hope you're not implying that one ought
not ask in here if one gets stuck on something. I do try to RTFM,
which seems to be what you are politely telling me to do. I also
Google my questions before asking, so I hope that you will not feel it
necessary to redirect my attention to the manual each time I ask a
question in here.

--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3