* google groups with gnus?
@ 2008-05-27  7:17 knubee
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: knubee @ 2008-05-27  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Is there a way to read google groups with gnus? If so, what is the
correct nntp address? the following fails:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "groups.google.com"))

* Re: google groups with gnus?
@ 2008-05-28  1:36 ` Peter Jones
       [not found] ` <mailman.12324.1211947850.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Peter Jones @ 2008-05-28  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

knubee <knubee@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a way to read google groups with gnus? If so, what is the
> correct nntp address? the following fails:

I don't believe that Google Groups allows NNTP access.  If it's a
group that's not available via your normal news feed, you'd have to
subscribe to the group and treat it like a mailing list.

--
Peter Jones [pjones at domain below]
pmade inc. - http://pmade.com

* Re: google groups with gnus?
@ 2008-05-28  4:10 ` Rodrigo Lazo
       [not found] ` <mailman.12324.1211947850.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Rodrigo Lazo @ 2008-05-28  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

knubee <knubee@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to read google groups with gnus? If so, what is the
> correct nntp address? the following fails:
>
> (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "groups.google.com"))

http://vafer.org/blog/20060110204347

Google doesn't support NTP, which is really sad

Regards

--

Rodrigo Lazo (rlazo)

* Re: google groups with gnus?
       [not found] ` <mailman.12324.1211947850.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2008-05-28 14:56   ` Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2008-05-28 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Rodrigo Lazo <rlazo.paz@gmail.com> writes:
> Google doesn't support NTP, which is really sad

They don't have a time server? ;)