* Re: A link to begin with Gnus
       [not found] <pan.2003.11.08.20.21.31.929276@myrealbox.com>
@ 2003-11-08 22:26 ` Anthony
       [not found] ` <8765hur2se.fsf@141-moc-9.acn.waw.pl>
From: Anthony @ 2003-11-08 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thx very much for your links and for the commands of help !

Anthony

* Re: A link to begin with Gnus
       [not found] ` <8765hur2se.fsf@141-moc-9.acn.waw.pl>
@ 2003-11-09  8:58   ` David Hanak
From: David Hanak @ 2003-11-09  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003, Artur Hefczyc wrote:

> But about 2 weeks ago I started to use GNUS. So I am also new to this

Only it's written as Gnus.  GNUS (spelled in all caps) is (or rather was) a
legacy news reader for Emacs, on which Gnus is based. :-)

See (info "(Gnus)History") for further information.

--
David Hanak
                                http://www.inf.bme.hu/~dhanak/index_en.html

@ 2003-11-08 20:54 ` Reiner Steib
       [not found] ` <8765hur2se.fsf@141-moc-9.acn.waw.pl>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-11-08 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Nov 08 2003, Anthony wrote:

> I'm a young Emacs user and for the moment I only use Emacs to write in
> Latex (with Auctex), but as I've a low perfomant computer, I want to try
> Emacs to read the news and maybe my mails after if I like.

> So I search for an "Introduction to Gnus" for news and not for mails.
> Is there a help for Gnus in Emacs ? I haven' find it ?
> In fact, I don't know how I have to write in my .newsrc and .gnus

- Gnus Home <URL:http://www.gnus.org/>

- The FAQ <URL:http://my.gnus.org/FAQ/>, including a quick help on
  where to get Gnus and how to install it.  You should use either
  version 5.9 (what comes with GNU Emacs 21) or preferable Gnus
  5.10.2.

- my.gnus.org <URL:http://my.gnus.org/>

- Gnus Dotfile Generator <URL:http://my.gnus.org/GDG/>

- Gnus Tutorial <URL:http://my.gnus.org/Tutorial>

Online manual (in Emacs or a stand-alone info reader):

(info "(gnus)Top"); <== Press C-x C-e here!
(info "(gnus)Starting Up")
(info "(message)Top")
(info "(gnus)Frequently Asked Questions")

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)