* Re: Gnus for mail:- reading old mail, outgoing mail, BBDB
       [not found]   ` <vfoexr447l.fsf@rpc71.cs.man.ac.uk>
@ 2003-09-11 19:19     ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2003-09-11 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Phillip Lord <p.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:

>   >> Second I normally keep my outgoing "real" mail, but not my news
>   >> group, or mailing list mail. Is it possible to customise the
>   >> storage of outgoing on a per group basis?

Here's a snippet from the Posting Styles node:

   If you wish to check whether the message you are about to compose
   is meant to be a news article or a mail message, you can check the
   values of the `message-news-p' and `message-mail-p' functions.

You can then set the Gcc header based on these functions.

Alternatively, you can use Group parameters (see the info node of the
same name) to set the gcc-self parameter to control this on a
per-group basis.

> Yes this nearly covers what I want. Actually I want it to do this in
> a subset of my email-groups, not all of them. I don't want BBDB to
> gather names in my mailing list groups, just my "personal email"
> groups.

Again, group parameters can help you set variables:

     You can use the group parameters to set variables local to the
     group you are entering.  If you want to turn threading off in
     `news.answers', you could put `(gnus-show-threads nil)' in the
     group parameters of that group.  `gnus-show-threads' will be made
     into a local variable in the summary buffer you enter, and the
     form `nil' will be `eval'ed there.

Alternatively you can use gnus-select-group-hook to set up the bbdb
variables.

-Nevin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-11 19:19 UTC | newest]