* Re: Short regexps
       [not found]     ` <84heai5ha6.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-03-05  9:12       ` Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2003-03-05  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Halloechen!

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
>
>> moves it to "trashmoregirthy".  Why?  Don't these rexexpes do a longest
>> match?
>
> There is some special ".*" optimization in fancy splitting.  Read the
> source for the full story.

I'll change my strategy and consult the source more often than in other
programs.  I'm surprised how easily accessible and readable it is.  (Even for
me as a Lisp ignorant.)  But will I ever cease from placing quotes and
parentheses randomly until Emacs stops complaining?  ;-)

> But I think you found all the nooks and crannies of fancy splitting
> now.  Wow.  I doubt if anyone else found it...

My fancy mail splitting would be a moderately long list of trivial expressions
if I didn't receive a dozen spam mails per day.  :-(

Tschoe,
Torsten.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-05  9:12 UTC | newest]