* "Reading directory ..."
@ 2008-09-06 21:42 Victor S. Miller
From: Victor S. Miller @ 2008-09-06 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Whenver I start up gnus (ver. 5.10.6) I get a long series of messages
saying "Reading directory ..." where ... is the path of every nnml
folder that I have.  It started doing this after I was experimenting
with gnus-nov-is-evil.  I set gnus-nov-is-evil back to nil and
regenerated all of the nov files (i.e. the .overview files) by going
into the server buffer and typing g in front of nnml.  However, this
hasn't made any difference at all!  What more to I need to do to get
back the old behavior which didn't insist on scanning every nnml
directory?

Victor

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-09-06 21:42 UTC | newest]