* oort gnus still won't show new mail from pop
@ 2003-01-22  5:04 Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren
       [not found] ` <m3smvlxg6k.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
From: Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren @ 2003-01-22  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

oort gnus (cvs version, for several months how) seems to mark as read
all new pop mail read at startup.  if new pop mail arrives while the
session is running, it is treated in the expected way, i.e. marked as
unread.  I have this in .gnus:

      mail-sources
      `((directory
         :path ,(concat gnus-home-directory ".vm-spool-files/")
         :suffix ".spool")
        (pop
         :server "mail.spamcop.net"
         :password "********"
         :user "roffe@spamcop.net")
        )

any clues?

--
Rolf Lindgren                                            http://www.roffe.com/
roffe@tag.uio.no

* Re: oort gnus still won't show new mail from pop
       [not found]   ` <lbzn0ltx98s.fsf@aqualene.uio.no>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-24 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren <roffe@aqualene.uio.no> writes:

> | You start Gnus, it fetches mail, and then that mail is marked as read?
>
> yes.  or, it is not listed as new mail.

But those are two different things.  Which is it?

I'm guessing that the groups aren't activated, or that you pull in
mail after activating the groups, or something of the kind.  Remove
all your customizations.  :-)