* Re: fancy mail splitting regexp
       [not found] <87fzhb7h49.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2003-10-30  4:01 ` Jesper Harder
       [not found]   ` <m3y8v3tf68.fsf@ate.maierh>
       [not found]   ` <871xsuk7s8.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-10-30  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Goesele <goesele@hfph.mwn.de> writes:

> For two cases (so far ;-) I'm not able to find the right regexp to
> use with fancy mail splitting:
>
> How can I catch an empty Subject header?

"\\`\\'"

(\` matches the empty string at the beginning and \' at the end).

> How can I catch a From line containing after some name in
> quotation marks <>. (Something like: "somespammer" <>)

Something like:

  "\".*\" <>"

@ 2003-10-30 14:12     ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-10-30 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harald Maier <maierh@myself.com> writes:

> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
>>> How can I catch an empty Subject header?
>>
>> "\\`\\'"
>
> Is there a difference to "^$"?

No.

* Re: fancy mail splitting regexp
       [not found]               ` <87fzh9e1t0.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2003-11-01  0:23                 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-11-01  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Goesele <goesele@hfph.mwn.de> writes:

> Harald Maier <maierh@myself.com> writes:
>
>> To get a better answer it's maybe better if you send the the whole
>> definition of the 'nnmail-split-fancy' variable.
>
> Trying to pin down the problem:
>
> (setq nnmail-split-fancy (quote (|
>    ("From" "TrustedAddress" "mail.misc")
>    (: my-match "^Subject: *$" "Empty")
>    "mail.misc")))

Please try this version of my-match instead:

(defun my-match (regexp group)
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (when (re-search-forward regexp nil t)
    group))