* Re: nnslashdot
       [not found] ` <86pth8pyex.fsf@slowfox.dyndns.org>
@ 2003-10-16 18:50   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-16 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann@gmx.net> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin <yonirabkin@member.fsf.org> writes:
>
>> I've installed 5.10.3 off CVS and yet gnus tells my that my nnslashdot
>> is too old.  I've checked the gnus-version to see that the load-path
>> is not shadowing the new version.
>> What am I missing?
>
> I guess that nnslashdot failed to parse the HTML that the server was
> sending.  So you need to change nnslashdot.el to adapt to the changed
> HTML.
>
> The community will thank you for your patch.

nnslashdot actually seems to be working, but for some reason or other
it seems to be a bit finicky about how the HTML is fetched.

(setq mm-url-use-external t)
(setq mm-url-program 'wget)

does the trick for me.

* Re: nnslashdot
       [not found] <m2fzjq4vya.fsf@12-211-128-40.client.attbi.com>
@ 2003-08-25  0:03 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-08-25  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Davison <halting@attbi.com> writes:

> I guess the thing that's causing the biggest hangup is that when I
> get to the Groups buffer, there is NOTHING there to indicate I added
> the nnslashdot secondary select method, and therefore no place to
> start in working with that set of groups.

Try entering the "server buffer" by pressing ^ in the group buffer.

--
Johan Bockgård

* Re: nnslashdot
       [not found]   ` <usmv5bcji.fsf@softechnics.com>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-02-07 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

jeff.rancier@softechnics.com (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:

> I ftp'd gnus-CURRENT-20030203 and nnslashdot.el is identical to the
> one in Oort 0.13.  Should I get it from someplace else?

Then there hasn't been any updates to nnslashdot since 0.13.

Perhaps the problem is that Gnus isn't able to fetch the Slashdot
pages?  I use

(setq mm-url-use-external t)
(setq mm-url-program 'wget)

at the moment, which seems to work ok.