* Problem with browsing news through ssh
@ 2003-01-21 15:30 Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2003-01-21 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using a foreign group with these parameters :

(nntp "news.free.fr"
      (nntp-address "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx")
      (nntp-rlogin-program "ssh")
      (nntp-open-connection-function nntp-open-rlogin)
      (nntp-end-of-line "\n")
      (nntp-rlogin-parameters
       ("-e" "none" "nc" "news.free.fr" "nntp")))

This works fine for reading, but when sending a message, I get :

Sending news via news.free.fr using nntp...
441 Article has no body -- just headers
Couldn't send message via news: 441 Article has no body -- just headers

If I change nntp-end-of-line to \r\n, it complains about missing
subject instead. How could I sort this issue ?
--
MY NAME IS NOT DR. DEATH
MY NAME IS NOT DR. DEATH

* Re: Problem with browsing news through ssh
@ 2003-01-21 17:25 ` Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2003-01-21 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

OoO Vers la fin de l'après-midi du mardi 21 janvier 2003, vers 16:30,
Vincent Bernat <vince@khabale.org> disait:

> I am using a foreign group with these parameters :
> (nntp "news.free.fr"
>       (nntp-address "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx")
>       (nntp-rlogin-program "ssh")
>       (nntp-open-connection-function nntp-open-rlogin)
>       (nntp-end-of-line "\n")
>       (nntp-rlogin-parameters
>        ("-e" "none" "nc" "news.free.fr" "nntp")))

> This works fine for reading, but when sending a message, I get :

> Sending news via news.free.fr using nntp...
> 441 Article has no body -- just headers
> Couldn't send message via news: 441 Article has no body -- just headers

> If I change nntp-end-of-line to \r\n, it complains about missing
> subject instead. How could I sort this issue ?

Well, I need to put \r\n, but then Gnus transform it to \n\n (I can
see this by passing "-o" "test" as additional parameter for
rlogin-parameters). How could I fix this ?
--
# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?
        2.4.0 linux/drivers/char/cp437.uni