* Problems sending mail with smtp
@ 2003-11-23 20:17 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2003-11-23 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when I want to send a mail I get the following error in the minibuffer:

Cannot open load file: mcharset.

What does this mean? My smtp settings in my .gnus are:

(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
      smtpmail-default-smtp-server "mailhost.uni-koblenz.de")

Thanks,
Tassilo

--
"Funny true story: Once knew a user who was kinda new to Unix, who
 thought 'vi' was a roman numeral.  It took me the longest time to

* Re: Problems sending mail with smtp
@ 2003-11-25  6:13 ` Jesper Harder
       [not found]   ` <87isl86vfe.fsf@inspiron.meinnetz.de>
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-11-25  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tassilo Horn <heimdall@uni-koblenz.de> writes:

> when I want to send a mail I get the following error in the
> minibuffer:
>
> Cannot open load file: mcharset.

You are using the "wrong" version of smtpmail.el.

You have probably installed a package called 'flim' or 'apel', which
contains some files which are incompatible with the standard Emacs
versions.  So, get rid of flim.

* Re: Problems sending mail with smtp
       [not found]     ` <87znekch35.fsf@inspiron.meinnetz.de>
@ 2003-11-25 22:47       ` Jesper Harder