* Re: sending, mess, using feedmail: a SPAM problem
       [not found] <m31y2ljs7w.fsf@sunma2.mat.ucm.es>
@ 2003-02-18  4:27 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-02-18  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Brauer <oub@eucmos.sim.ucm.es> writes:

> I use feedmail for years and it seems that the project is a little
> abandoned. I realized now, that when sending via smtpmail, feedmail
> sets
> MAIL FROM: <nil> SIZE=728
>            ^^^^^
>
> While smtmail does
>
> MAIL FROM: <oub@eucmos.sim.ucm.es> SIZE=668
>
> Did anybody encounter this problem and know what to do.

I've seen something that might be related.  I don't use feedmail, but
the similar but less fancy queueing in smtpmail.el which caused the
same problem.

Try to set (setq smtpmail-queue-mail t) and send the queue with
`M-x smtpmail-send-queued-mail'.  If you get nil here as well, then it's
probably a bug in this specific version of smtpmail.el.

The problem is fixed in the version in Emacs CVS -- I don't know about
the version shipped with XEmacs.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-18  4:27 UTC | newest]