* Re: Changing directory for attaching files
       [not found] <877kbuuv87.fsf@cantor.griswold.home>
       [not found] ` <ulm097ore.fsf@softechnics.com>
@ 2003-02-22 17:20 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-02-22 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Griswold <dangriswold@earthlink.net> writes:

> Quite often, I have to email a message containing several files as
> attachments. These files are buried a little far down in the directory
> tree. What I have to do now is, for each file, C-c C-a
> (mml-attach-file), then navigate down the directories (tab completion
> helps) to the file, then press return when I have the right name. It
> sure would be nifty if I could somehow change the working directory
> before I start attaching files, so the process could be speedier.

Do `M-x cd RET ~/some/where/' in the *message* buffer before attaching
the files.

* Re: Changing directory for attaching files
       [not found]     ` <87ptplxlvd.fsf@cantor.griswold.home>
@ 2003-02-22  0:23       ` Benjamin Rutt
From: Benjamin Rutt @ 2003-02-22  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Griswold <dangriswold@earthlink.net> writes:

> Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 21 2003, Jeffery B. Rancier wrote:
>>
>>> Along the same lines, what about selecting multiple files from the
>>> same directory?
>>
>> ,----[ C-h f gnus-dired-attach RET ]
>

> Excellent. I found that I needed to M-x load-library gnus-dired for
> this function to be available. Is there a better way for me to do
> that? That is, should I have something like (autoload gnus-dired) in
> my .emacs?

It should be available after gnus is loaded up due to autoload
cookies.  If for some reason it isn't, you can always do

(require 'gnus-dired)

in your ~/.gnus.  If you're using this package, you may also like the
following, which installs the C-c C-a keybinding in dired buffers, to
make it easier to attach files from dired:

(add-hook 'dired-mode-hook 'turn-on-gnus-dired-mode)

For more info, inspect the file gnus-dired.el.
--
Benjamin