* Re: Size of an article?
       [not found]   ` <87hdub8ni9.fsf@fleuret.homeunix.org>
       [not found]       ` <87k6z6kjq2.fsf@fleuret.homeunix.org>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-20 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

François Fleuret <francois.fleuret@REMOVEIFYOUDONTSPAMepfl.ch> writes:

> I tried, and get a load of "n/a" for my mails. It works for the
> newsgroups though.

It could be that the "chars" field isn't computed by your mail
backend.  Which one do you use?

* Re: Size of an article?
       [not found]           ` <87hdua2167.fsf@fleuret.homeunix.org>
@ 2004-05-20 22:58             ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-20 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

François Fleuret <francois.fleuret@REMOVEIFYOUDONTSPAMepfl.ch> writes:

> Damn. That's sad. No workaround ? There is no way to artificially
> generate a supplementary header line ?

Well, nnmbox could generate a Chars header, and Gnus could look for
these when parsing non-NOV headers.  So if someone were to send a
patch that did these two things, then I'd apply it.  :-)