* bug with one group?
@ 2003-03-14 15:59 Kester Clegg
From: Kester Clegg @ 2003-03-14 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I seem to have a problem with one mail group.  I always get asked how
many articles I want to download even when there's new mail in that
group. And it's always the same number - 259, despite there being only
102 messages in the group. So pressing 'space' doesn't show me the new
mail, pressing return when there's no new mail doesn't show me mail
marked with * either.  Each time, I have to choose the number, then I
get that number shown to me (providing it's under 102!) and have to
press ',' to go to a new message.

What's causing this and how can I fix the group?  The .overview file and
the group's directory look fine and show the right number of messages.

This is only one mail group, all the others behave themselves!  :-(

Kester Clegg				Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)		University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk

* Re: bug with one group?
@ 2003-03-17 14:16 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <yqru1e0wq9i.fsf@cs.york.ac.uk>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-03-17 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@RemoveThisBit.cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> I seem to have a problem with one mail group.  I always get asked how
> many articles I want to download even when there's new mail in that
> group. And it's always the same number - 259, despite there being only
> 102 messages in the group.

Sounds like something is awfully wrong with the data for that group.
Try `G E' to edit the data for the group and nix out the marks
lists...

* Re: bug with one group?
       [not found]   ` <yqru1e0wq9i.fsf@cs.york.ac.uk>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-03-22 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@RemoveThisBit.cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> Sorry Lars - but are the 'marks lists'?  The 'G E' buffer is below - how
> do I know what's good and what's bad?

The data looks ok, actually.

You don't possibly have a divergent cache and/or agent entry for the
group?