* Re: 'Touch' all groups?
       [not found]   ` <v93cm94b4o.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2003-02-28  8:01     ` Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2003-02-28  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Halloechen!

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 27 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
>> "Torsten Bronger" <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
>>
>>> Is there a way to apply all score rules to all groups automatically?
>>
>> No, you'd have to write the Lisp to do that.
>
> Or find a person who already did that. ;-)
>
> See the articles of Jesper Harder
> <news:m3ptvs59ne.fsf@defun.localdomain> and Ami Fischman
> <news:m3sn0nsleb.fsf@fischman.org>.  [1]
>
> I think this code already has more functionality than Torsten asked
> for. :-)

Thank you very much.  I added to my .gnus

(defun innout ()
  "Enter and exit every group, so that any articles that
   have been adaptive-scored low enough to have a 'Y' mark
   won't be there when I enter manually, plus the article
   count will reflect the # of articles I actually might
   want to read."
  (interactive)
  (dolist (group gnus-newsrc-alist)  ; loop over all groups
    (when (and
	   ;; Only apply to NNTP groups (only ones which do scoring)
	   (not (string-match "nnfolder\\|nndraft\\|dummy\\.group" (gnus-info-group group)))
	   ;; Is this group really subscribed?
	   (< (gnus-group-level (gnus-info-group group)) 5)
	   ;; Are there any unread messages?
	   (> (gnus-group-unread (gnus-info-group group)) 0)
)
      ;; Enter the group (must create the summary buffer or else
      ;; on exit the counts aren't updated
      (gnus-summary-read-group (gnus-info-group group) nil t nil nil)
      ;; and exit
      (gnus-summary-exit)
)))

Then I call innout from the *Group* buffer.  But the processing stops at the
first group that becomes completely empty with the error message "Wrong type
argument: stringp, nil".  What's going wrong?

Tschoe,
Torsten.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-28  8:01 UTC | newest]