* Re: How to disable display of xface?
       [not found] <87isoordoj.fsf@hugin.valhalla.net>
@ 2003-08-23 13:12 ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]   ` <864r07b626.fsf@doze.rijnh.nl>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-08-23 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Aug 23 2003, Sean Richards wrote:

> (setq gnus-treat-display-x-face nil)
> (setq gnus-article-display-x-face nil)
> but I still get xfaces displayed.

No surprise.  Setting random variables unknown to Gnus obviously
doesn't change anything.

What about the manual?

,----[ (info "(gnus)Customizing Articles") ]
| `gnus-treat-display-xface (head)'
|      *Note X-Face::.
|
| `gnus-treat-display-face (head)'
|      *Note Face::.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

@ 2003-08-24 15:20     ` Karl Pflästerer
From: Karl Pflästerer @ 2003-08-24 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24 Aug 2003, Jochen Küpper <- jochen@jochen-kuepper.de wrote:

[...]
> Doing a apropos shows that gnus-treat-display-xface is the only symbol
> with `xface', so shouldn't we change that to `x-face'?

IMO yes but for backwards compatibility we should perhaps at first
define it as an alias and change it later on.

   KP

--
 `Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
     The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!