* Resetting "draft" numbers
@ 2003-04-26  4:32 Mike Ballard
From: Mike Ballard @ 2003-04-26  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I keep my gnus-large-newsgroup sort of low (and I don't want to change
it).  When saving drafts, then later sending them, it appears Gnus is not
reusing any of the numbers assoc'd with the just-sent draft(s); the number
just keeps going up and up.

Now the highest draft number exceeds my gnus-large* even though there are
not that many draft files so I'm getting prompted when opening drafts.
Info doesn't suggest a way to either reset the numbers Gnus is using to
keep track of drafts, a way to reuse numbers for drafts that have been
posted, or exempting drafts group from gnus-large*.  Anyone know how to
change this?  If possible, I'd prefer to reuse draft numbers (i.e., fill
in the holes as drafts get posted).

Mike
--

mike.ballard--at--earthlink.net

  "Play an accordion, go to jail.  It's the law!"

* Re: Resetting draft numbers
       [not found] <m2smo78i2z.fsf@west_f1.net>
@ 2003-08-14 18:20 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-08-14 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Ballard <dont_w@nt_spam.org> writes:

> I asked once before and was told that I couldn't tell Gnus to fill in
> unused draft numbers (with saving, deleting, posting huge gaps in draft
> numbers appear).

Does this matter?