* Re: Archiving questions
       [not found] <87n03wajpn.fsf@svenhartenstein.de>
@ 2004-05-30  2:16 ` Jesper Harder
       [not found]   ` <yoij8yfamp6n.fsf@eorl.dd.chalmers.se>
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-05-30  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sven Hartenstein <sven.hartenstein@uni-jena.de> writes:

> (Question 1) how can I / do I want to save received mail in the same
> file? More precisely: how do I do it without hitting B m and selecting
> the nnfolder by hand?

I think you could use `gnus-split-methods' to make Gnus suggest the
rigth group when you use `B m'.

> (Question 2) I would like to automatically delete all attachments from
> articles both for sent ones and for those that I save/move as mentioned
> above. How can I achieve this?

The option `gnus-gcc-externalize-attachments' controls this for sent
messages.

> (Question 3) I have (setq gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups ".*") in my
> ~/.gnus . Does this mean that archive groups and drafts will expire as
> well?

Yes.

> How should I change that? I would like archive and draft groups to
> never expire, and all others to expire without having to change my
> ~/.gnus whenever I have new groups.

You could try to find a regexp which excludes those groups.  Be
careful, though, as you'll lose mail if you don't get it right.

--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>

* Re: Archiving questions
       [not found]   ` <yoij8yfamp6n.fsf@eorl.dd.chalmers.se>
@ 2004-05-30 13:30     ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-05-30 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
>> I think you could use `gnus-split-methods' to make Gnus suggest the
>> rigth group when you use `B m'.
>
> I think that `gnus-split-methods' is used by "save" (`o') rather than
> "move" (`B m'), though.

Yeah, I meant `gnus-move-split-methods'.

>        (nnfolder "archive"
>                  (nnfolder-directory   "~/Mail/archive")
>                  (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
>                  (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil)
>                  (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t))
>                          ^

Yes, but if you switch from the default nnfolder method (which sucks
for archives in some ways), you have to be careful.

--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>