* nnvirtual, gcc and how to access xref header
@ 2003-03-28  8:19 Svend Tollak Munkejord
       [not found] ` <hddvfy3d6z5.fsf@bacchus.pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Svend Tollak Munkejord @ 2003-03-28  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a nnvirtual group consisting of all my mail groups. I would like to
tell Gnus to archive my replies in the original mail group. I have noticed
that the Xref header contains the name of the original group, so I thought
that this could be used to set Gcc in some posting style for the nnvirtual
group.

But how do I access the Xref header? In a reply to some e-mail, I get:

,----
| message-reply-headers's value is
| [0 "Re: hei" "\"John Doe\" <doe@invalid>" "Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:49:53 +0100" "<002001c2d085$48e09220$64e4d9c1@invalid>" nil 0 0 ""]
|
| Local in buffer *reply to John Doe*; global value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| The headers of the current replied article.
| It is a vector of the following headers:
| [number subject from date id references chars lines xref extra].
|
| Defined in `message'.
`----

message-reply-headers says that xref is 0, but when I inspect the headers
of the message, I see that Xref exists and contains the name of the mail
group.

This seems strange. Have I misunderstood something? I would appreciate any
hint. (I use ognus-0.16).

Regards,
--
Svend Tollak Munkejord

* Re: nnvirtual, gcc and how to access xref header
       [not found] ` <hddvfy3d6z5.fsf@bacchus.pvv.ntnu.no>
@ 2003-03-30  1:14   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-03-30  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Svend Tollak Munkejord <stm@bacchus.pvv.org> writes:

> I have now read the "Posting Styles" section of the manual slightly more
> carefully, and it seems to me that the variable message-reply-headers
> refers to the message being composed, and not to the message being replied
> to.

Yes, that's right.

> Was this the "right" way of doing it?

Sure.  :-)