* Re: nnimap authorization
       [not found] <87ptf2o44k.fsf@dps11.oconnoronline.net>
@ 2003-12-06  7:08 ` Louis
From: Louis @ 2003-12-06  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Billy O'Connor <billyoc@linuxfromscratch.org> writes:

> I'm being prompted for a username/password for one of my nnimap
> sources even though(i think) I've got my .imap-authinfo file set up
> correctly.  My .gnus file has the following:
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '(
> 	(nnimap "lfs"
> 		(nnimap-address "linuxfromscratch.org")
> 		(nnimap-authenticator login)
> 		(nnimap-stream ssl)
> 		(remove-prefix "INBOX.")
> 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "/home/billyoc/.imap-authinfo"))
> 	(nnimap "dpscon"
> 		(nnimap-address "dpscon.com")
> 		(nnimap-authenticator login)
> 		(nnimap-stream ssl)
> 		(remove-prefix "INBOX.")
> 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "/home/billyoc/.imap-authinfo")))
>       )
>

> And my .imap-authinfo has the following 2 entries:
>
> machine linuxfromscratch.org login billyoc password secret
> machine dpscon.com login billyoc password secret
>

> I'm still being prompted for the dpscon username/password, is there
> something wrong with the way I've set up my .imap-authinfo file?
>
> TIA,
> Billy

I use the following (one line only) for each authinfo file:

machine mail.ossh.com login USERNAME password PASSWORD port 993

You should create a seperate ~/.imap-authinfo file for each imap
server and specify it as shown:

 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "/home/billyoc/.imap-authinfo-lfs"))
 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "/home/billyoc/.imap-authinfo-dps"))

Hope that helps.

--
LCC

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-06  7:08 UTC | newest]