* Sendig mail from GMX fails
@ 2007-07-30 16:39 someusernamehere
From: someusernamehere @ 2007-07-30 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hey  have this in my .gnus file:

(setq smtpmail-local-domain nil
      smtpmail-queue-mail t
      smtpmail-queue-dir "~/mail/queued-mail/"
      smtpmail-default-smtp-server "mail.gmx.net"
      smtpmail-debug-info t
      smtpmail-debug-verb t
      smtpmail-starttls-credentials
      '(("mail.gmx.net" 25 nil nil)))

The problem is that Gnus try to sent the mail for the local postfix (I
mean the server web on my own machine) for example if I stop the
postfix in my machine I can't send mail
and using my local postfix some mails are not send, what is wrong?, I
want to use GMX smtp for send mail.

thanks

* Re: Sendig mail from GMX fails
@ 2007-07-30 17:00 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2007-07-30 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey  have this in my .gnus file:
> [...]
> The problem is that Gnus try to sent the mail for the local postfix (I
> mean the server web on my own machine) for example if I stop the
> postfix in my machine I can't send mail
> and using my local postfix some mails are not send, what is wrong?, I
> want to use GMX smtp for send mail.

Have you read the Gnus FAQ [1], say, item 3.8?  Or the relevant bit of
the Gnus manual [2]?

[1] http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-chunks/FAQ.html
[2] info://gnus/Posting+Server

  --dzm

* Re: Sendig mail from GMX fails
@ 2007-07-30 17:11   ` someusernamehere
From: someusernamehere @ 2007-07-30 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 30 jul, 12:00, David Z Maze <dm...@mit.edu> wrote:
> someusernamehere <someusernameh...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hey  have this in my .gnus file:
> > [...]
> > The problem is that Gnus try to sent the mail for the local postfix (I
> > mean the server web on my own machine) for example if I stop the
> > postfix in my machine I can't send mail
> > and using my local postfix some mails are not send, what is wrong?, I
> > want to use GMX smtp for send mail.
>
> Have you read the Gnus FAQ [1], say, item 3.8?  Or the relevant bit of
> the Gnus manual [2]?
>
> [1]http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-chunks/FAQ.html
> [2] info://gnus/Posting+Server

Now, ye, I have added the following, now looks like:

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)

(setq smtpmail-local-domain nil
      smtpmail-queue-mail t
      smtpmail-queue-dir "~/mail/queued-mail/"
      smtpmail-default-smtp-server "mail.gmx.net"
      smtpmail-debug-info t
      smtpmail-debug-verb t
      smtpmail-starttls-credentials
      '(("mail.gmx.net" 25 nil nil)))

but doesn't works :-/

* Re: Sendig mail from GMX fails
@ 2007-07-31  9:44     ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-07-31  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:

> On 30 jul, 12:00, David Z Maze <dm...@mit.edu> wrote:
>> someusernamehere <someusernameh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> > Hey  have this in my .gnus file:
>> > [...]
>> > The problem is that Gnus try to sent the mail for the local postfix (I
>> > mean the server web on my own machine) for example if I stop the
>> > postfix in my machine I can't send mail
>> > and using my local postfix some mails are not send, what is wrong?, I
>> > want to use GMX smtp for send mail.
>>
>> Have you read the Gnus FAQ [1], say, item 3.8?  Or the relevant bit of
>> the Gnus manual [2]?
>>
>> [1]http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-chunks/FAQ.html
>> [2] info://gnus/Posting+Server
>

> Now, ye, I have added the following, now looks like:
>
> (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
>
> (setq smtpmail-local-domain nil
>       smtpmail-queue-mail t
>       smtpmail-queue-dir "~/mail/queued-mail/"
>       smtpmail-default-smtp-server "mail.gmx.net"
>       smtpmail-debug-info t
>       smtpmail-debug-verb t
>       smtpmail-starttls-credentials
>       '(("mail.gmx.net" 25 nil nil)))
>
> but doesn't works :-/

I had loads of trouble getting it work with gmail too.

Did you install gnutls-bin?

Here is my setup:

In my .gnus.el :

,----
| (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
| (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
| (setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
| (setq smtpmail-smtp-service 587)
`----

In  my "personal.el"

,----