* Re: moving spam
       [not found] ` <m2fzimpdv7.fsf@maui.hanak.hu>
@ 2003-10-02  0:19   ` Andrew K. Bressen
From: Andrew K. Bressen @ 2003-10-02  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It works perfectly.  I even have a simple elisp function that moves a mail
> to the spam folder, marks it as expirable and puts its sender on the SA
> blacklist.

You might want to be careful about that last part;
that virus run a month or two ago (sobig? don't remember which one)
grabbed address books and used them as fake
from lines. I actually got a copy that had the return
address of someone I knew, even though the machine it
came from had nothing to do with either of us
so far as we could tell.

I also got bounces telling me some infected pc tried
to send a copy with my address as the originator to
Mitch Kapor, among other folks. Sigh.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-02  0:19 UTC | newest]