* Looking for expiring recipes
@ 2004-10-06  6:22 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-10-06  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using gnus-cache and gnus-agent features. That works pretty
good *BUT* I really don't know how to tweak my system such a way,
that articles can be expired through the Agent and not be
downloaded again (when expired).

So what I am looking for is simply recipes on:

1. what to fetch
2. how to fetch only new matching predicates
3. have new predicates.

Goals: free space on my HDD:

,----[ df -k ]
| /dev/hda9             19228276  18084972    166556 100% /home
`----

:/

What I want is then, a good predicate which can:

1. only fetch not too old articles (less than 30 days)
2. not too bad scored

And then I want "agentized articles" to be expired after, say,
one semester.

Doable ?
--
Hacker Wonderland      Xavier Maillard| "Stand Back! I'm a programmer!"
.0.                 zedek@gnu-rox.orgz|

* Re: Looking for expiring recipes
@ 2004-10-06 20:12 ` Sebastien Kirche
       [not found]   ` <plop87k6u2g9jn.fsf@gnu-rox.org>
From: Sebastien Kirche @ 2004-10-06 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Xavier,

For an  automatic purge of expirable articles,  maybe you can set  a hook at
gnus exit that will call gnus-agent-expire ?

It  will purge  articles that  are either  old enough  or  explicitly marked
"expirable". You then have to tweak the expiration period.

But I am not sure to understand exactly what you need...

HTH,

Sébastien Kirche

* Re: Looking for expiring recipes
       [not found]     ` <m2sm8qsvbn.fsf@seki.fr>
@ 2004-10-07 12:48       ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-10-07 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  7 oct 2004, Sebastien Kirche wrote:

> Le 7 Oct 2004, Xavier Maillard s'est exprimé ainsi :
>
> > In fact the problem is, sometimes, article expired through
> > the agent are downloaded again. I just don't know why and I
> > am asking wether there is a solution to prevent expired
> > contents to be redownloaded.
>
> Maybe because they are parents of an article that Gnus want to
> display ? As for (setq gnus-fetch-old-headers 'some) ?

Hmm, gotta check the code then...

--
Registered Linux-User #340967 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.