* Re: How to set a web link for forwarded public notices not in plain text ascii
       [not found] <y44lliict8s.fsf@nestle.csail.mit.edu>
@ 2004-06-20 22:08 ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2004-06-20 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.csail.mit.edu> writes:

>           c. Or would there be another way for me to forward the
>              microsoft word formatted notices to a web link where
>              anyone would be able to check the current and archived notices?...
>
>              I could get an email address submitted on the email list that
>              would effect forwarding of the microsoft word public notices automatically.

Sounds like a sensible way to proceed.

Convert the notices to HTML yourself (automatically or otherwise), and
post them on your own website.

You could use Word to do the conversion, although probably not in
batch and the HTML is pretty awful, or one of the pieces of free
software which aren't hard to find.

Cheers,

        - Joel

* How to set a web link for forwarded public notices not in plain text ascii
@ 2004-06-20 12:27 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2004-06-20 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

The council public notices full text are not available on the web. A screwy
calendar of public hearings dates is available but its difficult to navigate
and does not include the full text of the notice, only time, location and
minimal descriptor keywords.
http://cityofboston.gov/citycouncil