* Re: First-time gnus not working
       [not found] <40f46967$0$7744$626a14ce@news.free.fr>
@ 2004-07-15  0:33 ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2004-07-15  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

joao <joao@nospam.net> writes:

> I have a brand new DSL connection, the machine is an IBM TinkPad 390X
> running Linux Red Hat 9. I'm running emacs 21.2.1 with gnus
> messages includung "Reading active file from [...]" and then it gets
> stuck displaying
>
> 	nntp read: 17k

If your DSL connection uses PPPoE there's some chance you're
encountering the MTU problems that are usually fixed with MSS
clamping, but I would expect many more `downloads' to break than just
this if that was the problem.

Still, might be worth checking out. Try a command line ftp of some
file and see how that goes.

Cheers,

        - Joel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-15  0:33 UTC | newest]