* killing or rather obliterating groups?
@ 2003-12-16  4:15 Jerry Sievers
From: Jerry Sievers @ 2003-12-16  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello.

i'd like to have my gnus 5.7 forget entirely some newsgroups.

^microsoft.* for starters.

how can i get gnus to never, ever show me these groups again?  i mean,
there are zombies and there aare killed groups. but frankly, this
isn't dead enough for me.

i want them gone.  there's too many of them and i don't care about
anything microsoft.

i see that there's an ignored-groups regexp variable that might do
this.  the info file said i should avoid using this method though.

TIA

Jerry Sievers   305 854-3001 (home)     WWW ECommerce Consultant
                305 321-1144 (mobile	http://www.JerrySievers.com/

* Re: killing or rather obliterating groups?
@ 2003-12-16  5:33 ` Björn Lindström
From: Björn Lindström @ 2003-12-16  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jerry Sievers <jerry@jerrysievers.com> writes:

> i'd like to have my gnus 5.7 forget entirely some newsgroups.
>
> ^microsoft.* for starters.
>
> how can i get gnus to never, ever show me these groups again?  i mean,
> there are zombies and there aare killed groups. but frankly, this
> isn't dead enough for me.
>
> i want them gone.  there's too many of them and i don't care about
> anything microsoft.
>
> i see that there's an ignored-groups regexp variable that might do
> this.  the info file said i should avoid using this method though.

This isn't really the same thing, but when this is up, I want to know if
there is a way to kill a newsgroup so that the corresponding score files
are removed.

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl@elektrubadur.se
http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/