* Re: "End of file during parsing" on gnus startup, group buffer empty
       [not found]   ` <bbc7246d.0406241545.74124558@posting.google.com>
@ 2004-06-25 11:17     ` Christopher Biggs
From: Christopher Biggs @ 2004-06-25 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

napofrog@hotmail.com (Roger Levy) moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> I just checked, and my .newsrc-news-dribble file seems to have been
> truncated!  It is missing parens, but perhaps more importantly, it is
> missing many lines for many of my groups!  This probably happened when
> the disk ran out of space while I was in gnus...
>
> Is there a way of replacing the .newsrc-news-dribble file?

Just delete it and restart gnus.  The dribble file is like a
transaction log, it just contains a backup of your recently performed
but not yet saved to .newsrc.eld  changes to .newsrc.eld.

Deleting it should just un-do any changes you did to your messages
(such as marking them read) in the aborted session.

Back up all your your .newsrc* files first, in case the result is not
to your liking, and you decide you'd prefer to reconstruct your
dribble file after all.

--cjb

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-25 11:17 UTC | newest]