* Lower articles or reponses to articles
@ 2007-02-17 18:40 Bob Fry
From: Bob Fry @ 2007-02-17 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

GNUS 1.90

I'd like to lower the count for articles or responses to articles from
certain authors.  I have some ability to modify elisp but writing this
function from scratch is beyond me, and I hope someone has done it
already and can share it.

In other words, in a given thread, if author fubar posts, I want to
lower their post; and if anybody responds to fubar's post, I want to
lower those responses too.  The latter would seem to require examining
the articles going up the thread to see if author fubar is the OP.  I
don't mind the delay in downloading and examining the extra articles.
--
"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

* Re: Lower articles or reponses to articles
@ 2007-02-17 20:16 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-02-17 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sat, Feb 17 2007, Bob Fry wrote:

> GNUS 1.90

You probably meant the XEmacs Gnus package with the package version
number 1.90 ...

> I'd like to lower the count for articles or responses to articles from
> certain authors.  I have some ability to modify elisp but writing this
> function from scratch is beyond me, and I hope someone has done it
> already and can share it.

`L f E RET' or similar when on fubar's posting should do the trick.
IIRC adaptive scoring needs to be enabled for this to work.

See the manual for details...

,----[ (info "(gnus)Summary Score Commands") ]
|     `f'
|           Score on followups--this matches the author name, and adds
|           scores to the followups to this author.  (Using this key
|           leads to the creation of `ADAPT' files.)
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Lower articles or reponses to articles
@ 2007-02-19 16:36   ` Bob Fry
From: Bob Fry @ 2007-02-19 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

    RS> On Sat, Feb 17 2007, Bob Fry wrote:
    >> GNUS 1.90

    RS> You probably meant the XEmacs Gnus package with the package
    RS> version number 1.90 ...

    RS> `L f E RET' or similar when on fubar's posting should do the
    RS> trick.  IIRC adaptive scoring needs to be enabled for this to
    RS> work.

Right on both counts, thanks much.
--
The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.
 - Jack Handey