* removing read marks in gnus
@ 2004-10-25 16:40 Werner Kurator
       [not found] ` <v9y8hur9vo.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Werner Kurator @ 2004-10-25 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I gave Gnus a try yet one thing eludes me, how can Gnus be configured
that whenever I exit a group (mail-archive-group that is in which I
store interesting posts) all _read_ articles should be marked
_unread_ again automatically.

a key-stroke or some code snippet could help here :-)

Werner Kurator

Since this is a Newsgroup: please don't Cc me,
--
Emacs has also evolved to break more standards in more ways than any other
non-Microsoft program I can think of; it's held together with spit, duct

* Re: removing read marks in gnus
       [not found] ` <v9y8hur9vo.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2004-10-25 19:08   ` Werner Kurator
From: Werner Kurator @ 2004-10-25 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib in this very newsgroup gnu.emacs.gnus used this
<v9y8hur9vo.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de> message-id
on  2004-10-25  to announce the following statement:
> On Mon, Oct 25 2004, Werner Kurator wrote:
>
>> I gave Gnus a try yet one thing eludes me, how can Gnus be configured
>> that whenever I exit a group (mail-archive-group that is in which I
>> store interesting posts) all _read_ articles should be marked
>> _unread_ again automatically.
>
> Use `Q' instead of `q' to leave the group.

First thanks,
I just wonder why this is not in the FAQ ?

> Bye, Reiner.

Werner Kurator

Since this is a Newsgroup: please don't Cc me,
as I do read it daily faithfully :-)
--
Dialogue - non-negotiable demands.
	-- Uncle Al