* Re: new articles marked "O"
       [not found] <smptp6xhq1.fsf@propwhirr.ntc.nokia.com>
@ 2003-03-05 14:36 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-03-05 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Claude Bouillin <no.claude.bouillin.spam@nokia.invalid.com> writes:

> We have had difficulties with our local server after few restarts, few
> lost postings and posting id problems.
>
> After that, I set the gnus-use-cache variable from t to nil, hoping
> that gnus would reread all the articles. It seems it has, but
> unfortunately all my new articles seems to be immediately marked with
> "O" as if I had read them earlier.
>
> Did I forget something?

Perhaps.  How have you set gnus-agent-mark-unread-after-downloaded?
If it is set(t) per the default then the agent may have updated its
NOV database so that your headers are correct but the articles
themselves have not bee fetched.  If you have cleared
gnus-agent-mark-unread-after-downloaded, then refetching the articles
will not change their status.

Kevin

* Re: new articles marked "O"
@ 2003-03-06  8:40   ` Claude Bouillin
       [not found]     ` <uof4o35fc.fsf@xpediantsolutions.com>
From: Claude Bouillin @ 2003-03-06  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin> Claude Bouillin <no.claude.bouillin.spam@nokia.invalid.com> writes:
>> We have had difficulties with our local server after few restarts, few
>> lost postings and posting id problems.
>>
>> After that, I set the gnus-use-cache variable from t to nil, hoping
>> that gnus would reread all the articles. It seems it has, but
>> unfortunately all my new articles seems to be immediately marked with
>> "O" as if I had read them earlier.
>>
>> Did I forget something?

Kevin> Perhaps.  How have you set
Kevin> gnus-agent-mark-unread-after-downloaded?

I could not find this variable.

Kevin> If it is set(t) per the default then the agent may have updated its
Kevin> NOV database so that your headers are correct but the articles
Kevin> themselves have not bee fetched.

Could possible the gnus-cache-generate-nov-databases function have the
same effect?
--
        Claude

* Re: new articles marked "O"
       [not found]     ` <uof4o35fc.fsf@xpediantsolutions.com>
@ 2003-03-07 13:35       ` Claude Bouillin
From: Claude Bouillin @ 2003-03-07 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

>> Could possible the gnus-cache-generate-nov-databases function have
>> the same effect?

Kevin> No. The cache is a completely separate beast.

Kevin> It looks like I forgot something. What version of gnus are you
Kevin> running?

Gnus v5.9.0

Tx for your time, Kevin.
--