* Re: How can I send certain emails in text/plain , not base64?
       [not found]   ` <m3ekveay6f.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2003-12-09 14:31     ` Mikhail Pachkov
From: Mikhail Pachkov @ 2003-12-09 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

>>> text/plain and base64 aren't mutually exclusive.  You need to give
>>> some more details about what you want to do.
>>
>> There is a mailing list. It is required to send messages to list in
>> text/plain -- body and subject. I have found that my messages are
>> base64 encoded since I write in cyrillic. How can I make gnus send
>> letters as plain/text.
>
> text/plain is a content-type, and base64 is a
> content-transfer-encoding (CTE).
>
> Saying that you want text/plain rather than base64 doesn't make sense,
> since the CTE of text/plain can be base64.  Like I said, text/plain
> does not exclude base64.
>
> What you probably mean is that you would like to use 8bit as the CTE
> for cyrillic.  To do that customize the option
> `gnus-group-posting-charset-alist' to allow the charsets you're using
> for cyrillic to be sent unencoded.

That seems to be exactly what I need. I will try it. Thank you very much.

> PS: Please respond to gnu.emacs.gnus rather than by email.
> PPS: Don't use a fake email address, if you expect to get answers by
> email.

I am very much sorry for that mistake. I have pressed wrong button and
did not realized that it is going to your e-mail not to the group.

Good luck!

Mikhail

--
Hапомните мне пообещать вам что-нибудь. (2:463/510.41)

* Re: How can I send certain emails in text/plain , not base64?
@ 2003-12-09 14:42       ` Jacob Bunk Nielsen
From: Jacob Bunk Nielsen @ 2003-12-09 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikhail Pachkov <pachkovREMOVETHAT@minet.uni-jena.de> writes:
> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
>> PPS: Don't use a fake email address, if you expect to get answers by
>> email.
>
> I am very much sorry for that mistake. I have pressed wrong button and
> did not realized that it is going to your e-mail not to the group.

You might consider setting gnus-confirm-mail-reply-to-news to t. This
will help you prevent such mistakes in the future.

--
Jacob - www.bunk.cc
Today is the last day of your life so far.