* Changing the citation style
@ 2004-07-31 12:36 Rasmus Villemoes
From: Rasmus Villemoes @ 2004-07-31 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

When I reply to a mail or news posting with F, something like

The-poster <his/her email-address> writes:

gets inserted at the top of the reply, with the quoted message
following. Is it possible to change this behaviour; say to something
like

The-poster <his/her email-address> writes on 26th July, 2004:

or

The-poster <his/her email-address> writes on 04/07/25-09.53:

I guess the string "The-poster <his/her email-address>" is simply
taken from the "From:"-header, and then the string " writes:" is added by
some lisp-function. Is this hardwired into Gnus, or is it possible to
configure?

TIA,
Rasmus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-31 12:36 UTC | newest]