* nnir indices
@ 2003-11-11 10:23 Pranav K. Tiwari
From: Pranav K. Tiwari @ 2003-11-11 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

With help from Christoph, I got nnir/swish-e working - and I've got to say
it's the best thing since sliced bread.

swish-e indices are large, and when they grow beyond a certain size, it
becomes extremely slow to keep them up to date - because my machine starts
paging trying to update these large indices. For that reason, I keep
multiple swish-e indices, each covering a few nnml folders.

Is there a good way of passing a list of indices to nnir, instead of a
single index file?

I know *a* way of doing it, but it's a hack. I looked at nnir.el and
noticed that nnir-swish-e-additional-switches is passed to the command line
immediately after the -f <filename> field. So, I set all the additional
indices in this list, and it works fine. But, I would prefer to pass a list
to -f, rather than relying on this contrived method.

thx,
-p

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-11 10:23 UTC | newest]