* Re: Viewing MIME alternatives or raw data
       [not found]   ` <m3u16it3ub.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2003-11-13  6:25     ` Michael R. Wolf
From: Michael R. Wolf @ 2003-11-13  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:
>
>> Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:
>>
>>> When a message is of type multipart/alternative, how do I change which
>>> alternative is shown ?
>>
>> You can press C-d in the summary buffer to see the structure of the
>> message, which includes alternatives for that sort of message.
>
> There's also `K b' (gnus-summary-display-buttonized) which for
> multipart/alternative allows you select which part to use:
>
>         1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html

I've just recently set this in my config so that the buttons *always*
show up.

    gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing t

It's a double-negative inhibit.*un, but when set to t, it shows the
buttons. If I don't like the html->text (which is quite often the
case), I type 'h' to get into the message buffer, 'TAB' to get over
the text/plain button, then 'CR' to see the text/plain instead of the
textualized version of text/html. It's worked very well for me.

gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing's value is t

Documentation:
If non-nil, all MIME parts get buttons.
When nil (the default value), then some MIME parts do not get buttons,
as described by the variables `gnus-buttonized-mime-types' and
`gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types'.

You can customize this variable.

Defined in `gnus-art'.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!

* Re: Viewing MIME alternatives or raw data
       [not found] ` <?fnord?u4qyi3152.fsf@ID-97657.usr.dfncis.de>
@ 2003-10-10 18:18   ` Ivan Boldyrev
From: Ivan Boldyrev @ 2003-10-10 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8526 day of my life lawrence mitchell wrote:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>> When a message is of type multipart/alternative, how do I change which
>> alternative is shown ?
>
> You can change your "order of preference" by modifying
> MM-DISCOURAGED-ALTERNATIVES.  I'm not sure if you can change
> this interactively on a per-message basis though.

Use K b

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                                  Is 'morning' a gerund?