* Re: Two Things I Would Like To Do
       [not found] <87wuh1jnvl.fsf@verizon.net>
@ 2003-05-08 19:27 ` Michael R. Wolf
From: Michael R. Wolf @ 2003-05-08 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Steuber <david.steuber@verizon.net> writes:

[...]

> 2) I would like the contents of a file other than .signature to be
>    copied as the sig for my message.  That is, I want to have seperate
>    sigs for mail (I use mutt + vim for this) and usenet.  I would like
>    to call this file ~/.gnus-sig.

Here's a snip from my ~/.gnus file.  I've changed my name, and
therefore email addresses, over the years.  I keep personal and
professional email separate.  Posting styles help me do that.

Either play with this, or check out the Info on it. You can probably
distinguish between "nnml.*" and "nntp.*".

;;; ~/.gnus  -*- mode:emacs-lisp -*-
;;; -*- emacs-lisp -*-

;;; [...]

;;; ================ posting styles ================
(setq gnus-positng-styles
      '((".*"
	 (signature-file "~/.signature")
	 )
	("nnml:misc.MBalenger"
	 (signature-file nil)
	 (name "Michael S. Balenger")
	 (address "MBalenger@att.net")
	 )
	("nnml:misc.MichaelRWolf"
	 (signature-file nil)
	 (name "Michael R. Wolf")
	 (address "MichaelRWolf@att.net")
	 )
	("nnml:WolfENT"
	 (signature-file nil)
	 (organization "Wolf Enterprises")
	 (address "WolfENT@oz.net")
	 )
	))

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!

@ 2003-05-08 18:39 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-05-08 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Steuber <david.steuber@verizon.net> writes:

> 1) When I enter the message buffer to compose a message, I want
>    auto-fill-mode to turn on automagicly.

(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

> 2) I would like the contents of a file other than .signature to be
>    copied as the sig for my message.  That is, I want to have seperate
>    sigs for mail (I use mutt + vim for this) and usenet.  I would like
>    to call this file ~/.gnus-sig.

(setq message-signature-file "~/.gnus-sig")