* wrong number of mail in my mbox
@ 2005-02-25 13:46  Sébastien Mengin
From:  Sébastien Mengin @ 2005-02-25 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

The group index shows the following line (among others):

  [  244]    0 : nnmaildir:mbox

As you can see, it shows 244 already read messages and 0 unread. But in
fact, I only have 4 already messages in this mbox. This problem occurs
only with the mbox group.

I don't find how to clean this up. Any idea?

--
Sébastien
http://sebastien.flibuste.net

* Re: wrong number of mail in my mbox
@ 2005-02-25 16:12 ` Marcus Frings
From: Marcus Frings @ 2005-02-25 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

* sebastien_AEFFACER_@flibuste.net.invalid ( Sébastien Mengin) wrote:

> The group index shows the following line (among others):

>   [  244]    0 : nnmaildir:mbox

> As you can see, it shows 244 already read messages and 0 unread. But in
> fact, I only have 4 already messages in this mbox. This problem occurs
> only with the mbox group.

> I don't find how to clean this up. Any idea?

<URL:http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-nochunks/#id2510882>

Regards,
Marcus
--
"You are not welcome here, remove yourself."
                   (Shodan in System Shock)

* Re: wrong number of mail in my mbox
@ 2005-02-25 19:07   `  Sébastien Mengin
From:  Sébastien Mengin @ 2005-02-25 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> writes:

>> The group index shows the following line (among others):
>
>>   [  244]    0 : nnmaildir:mbox

> <URL:http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-nochunks/#id2510882>

hmpf... thanks. I read this article before but did not understand its
purpose properly. Now it's ok.

Cheers,
--

@ 2005-03-02  0:55   ` Sarir Khamsi
From: Sarir Khamsi @ 2005-03-02  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> writes:

> * sebastien_AEFFACER_@flibuste.net.invalid ( Sébastien Mengin) wrote:
>
>> The group index shows the following line (among others):
>
>>   [  244]    0 : nnmaildir:mbox
>
>> As you can see, it shows 244 already read messages and 0 unread. But in
>> fact, I only have 4 already messages in this mbox. This problem occurs
>> only with the mbox group.
>
>> I don't find how to clean this up. Any idea?
>
> <URL:http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-nochunks/#id2510882>

I have a similar problem. Will this work by creating a tmp group
(mail.tmp for me), moving all my messages from the original group into
tmp and then moving them back? Thanks.

Sarir

* Re: wrong number of mail in my mbox
@ 2005-03-02  2:54     `  Sébastien Mengin
From:  Sébastien Mengin @ 2005-03-02  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sarir Khamsi <sarir.khamsi@raytheon.com> writes:

>> <URL:http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-nochunks/#id2510882>
>
> I have a similar problem. Will this work by creating a tmp group
> (mail.tmp for me), moving all my messages from the original group into
> tmp and then moving them back? Thanks.

What's wrong with the solution provided in the faq?
It worked all right at my site...

Cheers,
--

@ 2005-03-02 20:00       ` Sarir Khamsi
From: Sarir Khamsi @ 2005-03-02 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

sebastien_AEFFACER_@flibuste.net.invalid ( Sébastien Mengin) writes:

> What's wrong with the solution provided in the faq?
> It worked all right at my site...

That is what I am referring to. I have a mail group whose subject
lines do not match up the message bodies. This FAQ item seems like it
might help (if I take every message in that messed up group, move it
to a tmp group, then move it back).

Is there an alternative command that would force Gnus to "recalculate"
message numbers? I looked at nnml-generate-nov-databases but that
didn't help.

Sarir