* Re: Problem reading nnml group
       [not found] <m2y8mzlehi.fsf@maskin.flamestrike.no-ip.org>
@ 2004-06-07 15:31 ` David Hanak
From: David Hanak @ 2004-06-07 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004, Jarle Thorsen wrote:

> I have an nnml group that procmail filters some of my mail into. Suddenly I
> experience the following problem:
>
> In the Group listing it tells me that there is 0 unread messages in the
> group. When I try to enter the group it gnus says "How many articles from
> nnml:mailinglist.mythtv-users (default 6352):" I press enter and it starts
> reading headers and then says "No unread news".

This is because Gnus caches article information in so called NOV files.
Simply adding new files to an nnml directory won't change its view.  You
either need to move to nnmaildir, which is desgined for multiple
simultaneous access, or you have to set nnml-nov-is evil to t.

Cheers,

--
David Hanak - Research Engineer
Institute for Software Integrated Systems  |  http://www.isis.vanderbilt.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-07 15:31 UTC | newest]