* avoiding w3 following embedded URLs
@ 2003-02-26 14:22 Derrell.Lipman
From: Derrell.Lipman @ 2003-02-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I tell w3 not to follow embedded URLs in a received HTML message?  Most
of the time, I avoid HTML completely by preferring the text/plain alternative
when it is available.  When it isn't, though, I'd like to just display whatever
HTML there is in the message itself without any URLs being followed.
"M-x apropos w3" didn't show anything that seemed encouraging...

Thanks,

Derrell

* Re: avoiding w3 following embedded URLs
@ 2003-02-26 17:43 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-02-26 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Derrell.Lipman@UnwiredUniverse.com writes:

> How do I tell w3 not to follow embedded URLs in a received HTML message?  Most
> of the time, I avoid HTML completely by preferring the text/plain alternative
> when it is available.  When it isn't, though, I'd like to just display whatever
> HTML there is in the message itself without any URLs being followed.
> "M-x apropos w3" didn't show anything that seemed encouraging...

How about using a w3m (the best for this purpose IMO), links or lynx
for this purpose? As you use Oort, you can say something like

(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)

in .gnus (at least with recent Oorts, you might have to update)

--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them